Strategic Sourcing Head - SCM
C / D
Gagillapur Unit- Hyderabad, India
Develop and drive Procurement strategy for raw materials, packaging material and capital equipment’s by identifying and qualifying cost effective vendors to ensure timely supply of products.
- Lead procurement of Raw Material & Packaging Material for FD/API /PFI along with procurement related to engineering revenue expenditure and CAPEX Projects for Hyderabad Units (GGP, JDM & BPL-1). Also, responsible for Sourcing of materials for new product development as per timelines.
- Prepare procurement budget for ABP and monitor purchases as per. Based on demand / forecast, plan material procurement to ensure desire OTIF.
- Finalise vendor contracts including prices, specifications, delivery terms, credit period etc for RM/PM and other CAPEX / engineering related materials. Plan and ensure annual contracts with Suppliers in terms of quantity, price, slab wise rebates. Monitor the same and ensuring receipt of the rebates. Ensure compliance to legal agreements and any other mutually developed documents like joint services documents, quality agreements etc. Arrange & coordinate Vendor Audits as per SOP.
- Monitor daily procurement activities of materials, safety stock / lead time including placing indents, giving delivery schedules to ensure that there is no stock-out/overstock at any point of time. Monitor GIL prices with respect to the market prices and use EXIM data. Resolve emergent situation arising out of unplanned shutdown / stock outs of certain critical materials due to high consumption or any other reasons.
- Vendor development & evaluation- Identify & develop business relations with potential vendors / suppliers for achieving cost effective purchase of material in coordination with CFT. Assess vendor’s performance based on various criteria such as quality systems, timely delivery, credit terms, etc.
- Interact with vendors on various complaints (OOS & OOT in-house) including customer complaints and ensure timely implementation of CAPAs.
- Create & review MIS report periodically. Undertake improvement projects to optimize material cost, payable days and Inventory.
- Guide & mentor direct-reports, conduct periodic review of their work-performance and facilitate development. Ensure Purchase personnel are appropriately trained and qualified to perform their job responsibilities. Create awareness of new Purchase regulations that impacts the business and communicate changes to the concern.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor Degree in Pharmacy or Chemical Engineering /Science graduate or Masters in Organic Chemistry /Any post graduate with @20 years of experience in Pharmaceutical / Chemical industry Purchase /SCM function. Experience in leading Procurement /Material management function for API / Finished dosages plants adhering to regulatory norms.
Knowledge and Skills
- Sound working knowledge of ERP like SAP etc.
- Excellent Negotiation & Influencing Skills.
- Good networking and liaison skills.
- Able to seamlessly collaborate with various cross functional departments to drive business results.
- Communication Skills.
Formulation Analytical R&D
Granules – Gagillapur Plant –Hyderabad
Provide support as a team member of Analytical R&D – responsible for Analytical development works.
- Provide support in the Analytical development department, and in accordance to the New Product Development (NPD) Plan.
- Support the team-lead in planning and directing activities within the Analytical Development in conjunction with other R&D functional areas, and interaction with Production, QA and Validation departments to produce R&D stability batches as per schedule to ensure the Regulatory approval and ultimately the commercial success of manufacturing new products.
- Manage the HPLC and GC analysis and reviews of analytical test methods, development reports, specifications, STP’s, calibration of instruments, elemental impurities assessments, residual solvents declaration statement, COA’s and other related documents.
- Provide support in day to day activities of analytical research lab as described below.
- Planning of activities.
- Approval of ATRs.
- Compliance of instruments (calibrations, re-qualification and preventive maintenances).
- Stability studies and makes decisions on data for regulatory submissions.
- Ensuring safety at work place.
- Ensuring the investigation analysis related to incidents, OOS/OOT and review of reports.
- Method Validations as per USP/ ICH Guidelines to complies regulatory requirements.
- Maintenance of documents produced in the department in traceable manner
- Review of audit trails for the data generated in the ARD.
- Alignment of ARD team towards FR&D requirements and fulfillment of project goals as per the timeline.
- Liaising with internal customers and stakeholders to ensure coordination of all projects, and to oversee the resolution of all analytical issues while intervening in the highly complex or sensitive matters.
- Attending the technical trainings.
- Provide support for continuous improvement in existing procedures/practices/compliance of department.
- Provide support in the overall management of the Analytical Development department and create a healthy environment of teamwork and empowerment, and promoting the AR&D values of creativity, integrity, excellence, perseverance, flexibility and respect.
Qualifications and Experience
- Masters degree or equivalent in Pharmaceutical or Chemistry or Pharmacy or Life Sciences
- 3-8 years’ experience in Analytical Research and Development in pharmaceutical industry.
Knowledge and Skills
- Knowledge on impurities quantification.
- Candidates must have experience of working in a generic pharmaceutical company.
- Demonstrated interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge and application of GMPs, GLPs, and GCPs principles.